We’ve got 5 gymnastics challenges for you to try at home and we think you’re really going to like them.
Watch the video below and see if you can do all 5 of them.
Tag us on instagram (@gymnasticshq) when you try them so we can cheer you on!
The 5 Challenges are:
- Relevé Walk With Dominos – Can you walk the length of a balance beam without knocking over any of your dominos? You can use Jenga blocks or toilet paper instead of dominos. If you use toilet paper, try not to touch the toilet paper with your heels as you walk in relevé. The idea is to keep your heels lifted as high as possible.
- Handstand With Oven Mitts – Can you do a few handstands in a row without dropping the oven mitts? If so, how many can you do? Let us know! The oven mitts go in between your ears and your shoulders.
- Turn Combo Balance – Can you do a pivot turn-pivot turn-scale while balancing a roll of toilet paper on your head? If that’s too easy, try making up your own turn combo and see if you can keep the toilet paper roll on your head the entire time? Remember to keep your head straight and chest lifted. This will help you with your posture.
- Leap The Creek – Can you leap over two jump ropes that are spread far enough to equal at least 1/2 of your height in distance? Can you leap over ropes that are even further apart? How far apart can you go? Remember your good form.
- Flexibility Challenge – Can you lay down on your tummy with your hands behind your back and circle your legs all the way around (through center split) and then come up to standing without using your arms? This is a hard one! Keep trying if you can’t get this one because it gets easier with practice.
We have fun challenges like these and more in our SkillTrakker Community. It’s an online program where gymnasts from all over the globe do daily challenges to improve their gymnastics from home. Ongoing enrollment. Join the fun now!