The Xcel Silver division is the second level in the Xcel Program. To compete gymnastics in the Xcel Silver Division, the gymnast must be able to do routines that meet these requirements,
as stated in the Xcel Code of Points. These requirements are paraphrased for easier comprehension; for precise information always refer to the official book published by USA Gymnastics.
The Xcel Silver division is one level in the Xcel program; here is more information about all the gymnastics levels.
While these are requirements, some gymnasts compete in the Xcel Silver level without being able to do all the skills listed below. For what requirements gymnasts don’t fullfill, the judges take deductions.
Silver Vault Requirement
Silver gymnasts must perform one of the following 2 vaults:
- Handspring over Mat Stack
- 1/4 to 1/2 on, to land on feet facing mat stack
Silver Bars Requirements
Silver gymnasts must have the following in their bar routine:
- A minimum of 5 “A” value skills
- A Cast min 45° below horizontal
- A Circling Skill (not the mount or dismount)
- A Dismount
Silver Beam Requirements
Silver gymnasts must have the following in their beam routine:
- Minimum of 1/2 turn on one foot
- One jump or leap that reaches a 90 degree angle (ex. straddle jump)
- One non-flight acro skill (ex. cartwheel)
- A dismount (ex. roundoff off the beam)
Silver Floor Requirements
Silver gymnasts must have the following in their floor routine:
- Minimum of two directly connected acro skills, one must have flight (ex. roundoff – back handspring)
- Either a 2nd pass of 2 directly connected acro skills (no flight required) or 1 acro with flight (ex. roundoff backward roll or a front handspring)
- A dance passage with two skills, one of which is a leap with a 90 degree cross or side split — they can be directly or indirectly connected
- Minimum of 360 degree turn on one foot
The next Xcel gymnastics level after Silver is Gold.