Xcel Gold is the third level in the Xcel Gymnastics Program. To compete gymnastics in the Xcel Gold Division, the gymnast must be able to do routines that meet these requirements,
The Xcel Gold division is one level in the Xcel program; here is more information about all the gymnastics levels.
While these are requirements, some gymnasts compete in the Xcel Gold level without being able to do all the skills listed below. For what requirements gymnasts don’t fulfill, the judges take deductions.
Want a printable Xcel Gold Gymnastics Skills Checklist? Click Here to Download
Gold Vault Requirement
Gold gymnasts must perform a minimum of a front handspring vault.
Gold Bars Requirements
Gold gymnasts must have the following in their bar routine:
- A minimum of 6 “A” value skills
- A clear support skill finishing at horizontal or above (ex. cast to horizontal)
- A Circling Skill (not the mount or dismount)
- A Dismount from the high bar
Gold Beam Requirements
Gold gymnasts must have the following in their beam routine:
- Minimum of 1/1 (360°) turn on one foot
- Two different dance skills, can be isolated or in a series (ex. split jump and straight jump)
- One jump/leap that reaches a 120° angle (ex. split jump with 120° split)
- Two acro skills and one of the skills must achieve or go through vertical (ex. cartwheel and backward roll)
- A dismount (ex. roundoff off the beam)
Gold Floor Requirements
Gold gymnasts must have the following in their floor routine:
- Minimum of two directly connected acro skills, both must have flight (ex. front handspring, front tuck)
- Either a 2nd pass of 2 directly connected acro skills with flight or an aerial or a salto(ex. roundoff back handspring back tuck or a side aerial)
- A dance passage with two skills, one of which is a leap with a 120° cross or side split –they can be directly or indirectly connected
- Minimum of 360° turn on one foot
The next Xcel gymnastics level after Gold is Platinum.