These are the level 10 gymnastics requirements. Level 10 is an optional level; learn more about the gymnastics levels here.
To compete in level 10 gymnastics a gymnast must be able to do most of the following skill requirements on each of the four events, have scored a 34 All-Around at level 9 and have reached her 9th birthday. If her routine does not have all the requirements listed below, deductions will be applied.
In addition to the following requirements, Level 10 routines must have 3 “A” valued skills, 3 “B” valued skills and 2 “C” valued skills.
Level 10 Gymnastics Requirements: Vault
- A vault from the Level 10 Vault Chart
Level 10 Gymnastics Requirements: Bars
- One flight skill that is a minimum of “C” value (excluding the dismount)
- A second different flight skill that is a mimimum of “B” value (excluding the dismount)
- One skill with a longitudinal-axis turn that is a minimum of “C” value (excluding the mount and dismount)
- A minimum of “C” valued salto dismount
Level 10 Gymnastics Requirements: Beam
- One Acro Series with a minimum of 2 flight skills, either one skill must be a minimum of “C” or the series can be an “A” non-flight acro skill directly connected to an “E” flight skill (excludes the mount and dismount)
- One leap or jump with an 180° split
- Minimum of 360° turn on one foot
- Aerial or Salto dismount, skill must either be a minimum of “C” value, or a “B” dismount that is directly connected to an acro series that includes a “C” skill or connected to a “C” valued acro or dance element
Level 10 Gymnastics Requirements: Floor
- One acro series with 2 saltos or 2 directly-connected saltos (can be the same or different)
- Three different saltos within the floor routine
- Dance passage with a minimum of 2 different leaps, jumps or hops, including 180° split leap
- The last salto in the routine must be at least a “C” valued salto
- 360° “B” valued turn on one foot
Level 10 is the last gymnastics level before Elite. Many gymnasts who go on to compete in college gymnastics were once Level 10 gymnasts.