Since we know our gymnasts can’t help doing gymnastics…well, everywhere, we’ve put together this 5 minute sidewalk gymnastics workout that would be a great addition to any gymnast’s regimen this summer! You can also tweak this workout for the beach or your favorite place to be outdoors!
Check out the video – we hope you enjoy! Make sure to tag us on Instagram @gymnasticshq when you give it a try!
Here is the workout:
5 Minute Summer Sidewalk Gymnastics Workout
- Sprints – 40′ x 5 sets (walk back to starting point after each set)
- Lunges – 10 (each leg) x 2 sets with a 10 second break between sets — make sure your knees don’t pass your foot!)
- Forward Kicks – ~20′ x 2 sets (make sure your chin and chest are up, legs straight and toes pointed!)
- Side Kicks – ~20′ x 2 sets
- Back Kicks – ~20′ x 2 sets
- High Relevé Walks Forward – ~20′ x 2 sets
- High Relevé Walks Backwards – ~20′ x 2 sets
- Leap the Creek – 5x (You can use the cracks in the sidewalk or a jump rope! You can also start smaller and get bigger to challenge yourself!)
- Leaps – 5x (You can use any entrance/any way you want to do them!)