Hi, My name is Jessica and welcome to GymnasticsHQ, the Gymnastics Headquarters. I started GymnasticsHQ in 2011, with the goal of being the best gymnastics resource for parents and gymnasts. I will try to help you set and reach your gymnastics goals.
I was a gymnast growing up, taught gymnastics for 8 years and judged gymnastics for 10. So, basically–I love the sport!
More on My Relationship with Gymnastics
I was in the gym constantly growing up and all through college–either doing gymnastics, coaching or judging. While in college I ran my gym’s summer camp. And I wasn’t the only one in my family constantly in the gym-my mom is a level 10 gymnastics judge and my sister was a level 9 gymnast before going on to compete club gymnastics for Clemson.
Why I started Gymnastics HQ
Gymnastics can be a confusing sport. My goal is to relay gymnastics information in a way that is easy to understand.
- are interested, or have a child that is interested in starting gymnastics
- are trying to improve and move to the next gymnastics level
- want to know the skills you need to learn before you can progress to the next level
- have a question about gymnastics that you need help answering
- want to set goals for yourself, and want help staying motivated
If you are any of those things, I’ve created GymnasticsHQ to try to help you!
I hope that you will find the answers to all your questions on this website, but if I haven’t–feel free to shoot me an email. I’d love to hear from you!
5 Facts About Me
- I’m a Tarheel, I graduated from UNC.
- While I’m from North Carolina, I live in NY for my day job.
- I love country music.
- I wish I still did gymnastics, but instead I jog most days in order to stay fit.
- I still have pictures of gymnasts I taught on the wall in my bedroom at my parents house.
Want to be featured on Gymnastics HQ? Send me Your Photos!
Also, I like to use photos of real gymnasts on Gymnastics HQ–in other words, YOU! More information here.
My email is gymnastics hq @gmail.com (without the spaces).