To compete in level 8 gymnastics a gymnast must be able to do the following skills on each of the four events. If a gymnast’s routine doesn’t have all of the requirements, deductions will be applied.
In addition to the requirements below, all level 8 bars, floor and beam routines must have 4 “A” valued skills and 4 “B” valued skills.
Want a Level 8 Gymnastics Requirements Checklist ? Click Here to Download
Level 8 Vault Requirement
Level 8 gymnasts must perform a minimum of a front handspring vault.
Level 8 Bars Requirements
Level 8 gymnasts must have the following in their bar routine:
- Minimum of 1 Bar Change
- 1 Skill (minimum of “B”) with flight (the mount is ok) or turn (cannot be the mount or dismount)
- 1 Skill (minimum of “B”) which is from one of the following groups of elements: underswings, clear hip circles, stalder circles, circle swings or hechts
- A Salto dismount which is a minimum of “A” value
Level 8 Beam Requirements
Level 8 gymnasts must have the following in their beam routine:
- Minimum of 1/1 (360 degree) turn on one foot
- Acro series with 2 skills, one must have flight (Both of the skills must start and finish on the beam)
- One jump/leap that reaches a 180 degree angle split (can be included in dance series)
- Aerial or Salto Dismount (minimum of “A” value)
Level 8 Floor Requirements
Level 8 gymnasts must have the following in their floor routine:
- One Acro Series with 2 saltos or 2 directly connected saltos (the saltos can be the same or different)- An example would be front tuck- round off– back handspring– back tuck
- Three different saltos (can be isolated or in a series)
- A dance passage with a minimum of two different leaps, jumps or hops, one of which is a leap with a 180 degree cross or side split–they can be directly or indirectly connected
- The last isolated salto or last salto connection must have at least an “A” valued salto element (A front or back tuck is an “A” valued salto)