To compete in level 6 gymnastics a gymnast must be able to do the following skills on each of the four events.
In addition to the skills listed below, level 6 routines must each have 5 “A” skills and 1 “B” skills. In gymnastics each skill has a value, A’s are the easiest all the way up to E’s which are the hardest. So when the choreographer is choreographing the routine, he or she will need to make sure to add the right amount of skills and difficulty.
Would you like a printable Level 6 Gymnastics Skills Checklist ? Click Here to Download
For an overview of the optional requirements you can check out this cheat sheet from the USA Gymnastics website.
Level 6 Gymnastics Requirements: Vault
You can do one of the following 3 vaults:
- front handspring
- 1/4-1/2 twist on (Tsuk entry), land on mat stack
- Round-off entry (Yurhenko) onto table, land on mat stack
Level 6 Gymnastics Requirements: Bars
- cast to minimum of 45° above horizontal
- 1 bar change
- one 360° circling element that is one of the following: underswing, clear hip circle, stalder circle or hecht
- min “A” dismount
Level 6 Gymnastics Requirements: Beam
- either a non-flight acro series, or one acro flight element
- 1 leap or jump requiring 180° split
- 360° turn on one foot
- min of “A” dismount”
Level 6 Gymnastics Requirements: Floor
- 1 Acro Series with at least 3 elements, 2 must have flight
- 1 Salto or Aerial acro element
- Dance passage with minimum of 2 different leaps, jumps, hops- 1 must be a 180° split
- 360 degree turn on one foot
Once a gymnast can perform routines that meet all these level 6 requirements, and she has passed out of level 5, she may compete in a level 6 meet. Level 6 may be skipped if a 31 AA was scored at Level 5. After successfully completing level 6, she can move on to level 7.